Saturday, April 14, 2007

Steee-riiiikkke

Today I was initiated into the job of umpiring a game. It started off easy and I was the field umpire for the first two games - from 10:30 am - 1:30 pm. Being a field umpire means that I was the umpire in the field that doesn't squat behind the catcher. I called those two games and then headed to a make up game where I coached The Punisher and The Iceman - we won.

Did I tell you that it was cold today?

Then about 4:00pm I headed back to umpire three more games. In the first game, I was a field umpire, then after that one, I found out that I was supposed to be the head umpire to call strikes and balls behind the catcher for the last two games. I was excited, but I'll have to say now - I was always a catcher, but I don't remember how much work it is to get up and down about a million times. Now I have wobbly legs. I served as head umpire from about 6:30-9:00pm.
Just so you know, I love the game of baseball and I spent pretty much all day at the baseball park today. I'm finally home and I just thought I'd tell you about it.

No comments:

Benny and the Newtones



Benny%20and%20the%20Newtones
Quantcast