Wednesday, April 11, 2007

New Video

Hey guys, do whatever you have to do to get that video to play over there on the right of this page. The truth in it is so awesome. The first time I saw it though, I thought that I must not be looking at the right thing because the video changes format in the middle. Just stick with it - it is fantastic. If you love it ask a friend to look at it. Get ready!!!!!!





Since no one has looked at this post yet, I'll add what I was going to add here, but look at the video first---

Previously I said that the video on the right is awesome in it's truth - most of it is. But as I look at it again and again, I notice that in the video, most of the church congregation is caught up in the moment. There are a few left in the building to pray. I hope that is right, but as I read the Bible, I see something very different. In Luke 13:24-28, Jesus tells us about a narrow door that few will enter. Many will feel and act like they are a part of God's kingdom, but many will be turned away at its gates. From what I understand, it is possible that most of the people in that church in the video will be left there in their seats and only a few will be gone. It will still be astounding and the people left behind will definitely know what just happened. Check this out:

Luke 13: 24-28a

- read this verse in your Bible first please -
- then the Ben Blue Jean Para -

Jesus said, “You shouldn’t worry about the number of people that enter heaven, you should worry about yourself. Life, when you’ve been saved, is hard work. It is like a foot race and you will find that some people – the talkers - sit at home and talk about how they are runners, though they have never even entered a race. Oh sure, they exercise and wear running shoes all the time, they just don’t run. Other people actually get out and run the race. Some of them might be out of shape and don’t really look like runners. They start the race and find that it is very hard, but they keep running and at the end of the day, when they have crossed the finish line, they find victory.
When God calls His runners home to heaven, there will be some – the talkers - that will walk up to the gate to get in, but it will be closed. They will say, ‘But, I went to church - I sang worship songs - I stayed healthy - I listened to my momma - I provided above and beyond what was needed for my family. God, I belong in heaven with you.’ God will reply, ‘No, no, I don’t know you. Go away, you don’t belong here.’ That day, there will be much crying and hurting."


God wants a righteous group of people to reflect His character. Salvation is not a product. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Anyone who believes in Christ is a new creation. The old is gone and the new has come." Salvation is a changed life. It's not just a little prayer that is said once and then you find that life continues like it always had. It is not a ticket to heaven or a fire insurance policy to keep you from hell. It is a changed life from darkness and evil to Godliness. Go back to Isaiah 29:13 and God speaks most clearly about how He feels about these little prayers, prayed by unchanged lives. "These people come near to me with their mouths and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up of rules taught by men."

A little prayer is all that it takes to get started, but a changed life is what is required to give that little prayer meaning.

No comments:

Benny and the Newtones



Benny%20and%20the%20Newtones
Quantcast