Thursday, March 8, 2007

P.B.F

You may or may not be wondering, but some of my favorite foods include tacos, pizza, hamburgers, potatoes, mac-n-cheese, and oranges. I would imagine that there is a considerable amount of power in each of those fantastic foods. If you asked just about anyone - under the age of 13 - about their favorite menu items, their list will probably look very similar to mine. There are a few deviations for me, but mostly if you ask me what I would like to eat it will be one of those things. Now I didn't list peanut butter because I was saving it until now and most definitely it would be on my list. Last night I looked in my fridge for a scoop of ice cream or something like that -really healthy - to snack on just before I hit the hay. I didn't find any ice cream or anything that would have suited my taste buds at that moment. I did notice however that we had a bit of white chocolate in the fridge. So I started the process and made a giant helping of PBF, also known as peanut butter fudge. I ate a few bites before it hardened over night, just before I went to bed. Now I don't know if you know, but a mixture of chocolate, peanut butter, and sweetened condensed milk is not real low in it's sugar content. Any dieter should know to stay away from that stuff, but I can't. I pray for God to give me strength to resist the temptation to have just one more, but I know that He is the one that created that amazing bouquet of flavors. I'm sure that He doesn't just want it to go to waste - so I grab just one more piece.


This is a photo of the PBF right after I cut it into smaller pieces. I saw the beautiful arrangement and I just had to photograph it before I tore it down and put most of it in a bag for later consumption. BTW, MEL-in-CO suggested using a darker form of chocolaty goodness in this creation so the dark spots are a couple of cups of choco chips that I added during creation.

4 comments:

Caci said...

Now that I see what you are doing during the day, I hope your tummy doesn't hurt when I get home!
~The Babe

Melissa said...

Man, that looks seriously good! I appreciate the addition of good ol' milk chocolate to the mixture!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, so Caci and I had a discussion this afternoon about peanut butter... I was telling her how much Dan LOVES peanut butter anything. She said you love it too and had even devoted a blog to it! HA! So I had to come check it out. I was telling Caci the BEST PB is the natural PB. Once you try it, Jiff, Peter Pan, and all those other fakes don't even compare!

Windy Smith said...

looks good! I am coming to get some soon!!

Benny and the Newtones



Benny%20and%20the%20Newtones
Quantcast