Friday, May 18, 2007

Gloria Dump

A while back, a movie came out called "Because of Winn Dixie" I've seen a lot of movies, and this is one of my favorites. One of the characters is named Gloria Dump, but that's not what I'm really writing about ...

A while back, I rode with my dad to the dump. It was a large place, lots of garbage, and you just drove up to the side of the mountain of garbage and unloaded. It smelled bad and I'm guessing that it wasn't real safe. Then we moved to the big city of Carthage (5,000). In Carthage, they had an incinerator. The place still smelled horribly, but instead of a countryside view of Mt. Trash, it was a building that you could drive into and they would bulldoze the trash into the fire after you unloaded it. Today, I'll be headed to the dump near here and unload a bunch of old rotten wood. It's interesting because it has a covered place that you back up under. Once you are under it, you unload the trash down a small concrete cliff into a giant trash container that can be moved once it is full.
Also today, I'm in charge of packing and moving some stuff out of our house so that it won't look so cluttered as we sell it. Over the years, I've learned how to keep things in view, but also keep them completely hidden. So, all of the nooks and crannies in my home are full.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure this article has touched all the internet people, its really
really fastidious paragraph on building up new weblog.
Also visit my homepage ... programmierung

Benny and the Newtones



Benny%20and%20the%20Newtones
Quantcast